B-1/B-2 Visa or Waiver – Business or Pleasure Visitors

photoA11Business Certain kinds of “business” related travel, is permitted using a B-1 visitor visa. The definition of “business” under immigration law is limited, and does not generally allow for gainful employment, labor for hire or productive activity such as operating a business or consultancy work. Specifically, in the applicable U.S. law, the term “business” is limited to the negotiation of contracts, consultation with business associates, litigation, and participation in scientific, educational, professional or business conventions, conferences or seminars and other legitimate activities of a commercial or professional nature.

A B-1 visa is always issued together with a B-2 visa and is called B-1/B2. It embodies two different reasons for travel. The first is business and second is pleasure or medical. Every country including European Union member states must apply for a visa for the U.S. if they intend to stay for more than 90 days.


How Can We Help?

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.