Frequently Asked Questions about Employment and Training Visas

What is a Working Visa?

Working visas can take various forms, but in general they are non-immigrant visas that allow a foreign national to work in the U.S. for a specific amount of time.

How do I Apply for a Working Visa?

In some cases, your employer applies for the visa in the U.S., and then you apply at the U.S. consulate abroad. In other cases you apply directly to the consulate. Specific visas require specific documentation. An experienced immigration lawyer can help you with all the requirements for a working visa.

How Long Does it Take to Get a Working Visa?

The U.S. state department lists the wait times for non-immigrant visas on its website at:

What are the Benefits and Limitations for a Spouse and Children?

The rules vary depending on the type of non-immigrant visa, but in general spouses and children of a family member with a non-immigrant visa are allowed to study, but not work, while in the U.S.


How Can We Help?

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.